Monday, July 28, 2008

Kick Off

Hi,

During the past few weeks, I was testing many Google's services. My favorite, the Google Maps is the one that attract and retain my attention. I like the idea of maps in web applications for displaying locations, events, contacts, people, etc.

I read an Oracle White Paper of March 2008 called Integrating Oracle Application Express with Google Maps. After giving it a try, I decided to dynamically build the map using PL/SQL. The usage of the JavaScript API used by Google Maps requires knowledge of Oriented Object Programming and might be a show stopper for some developers.

I decided to build a PL/SQL package that can generate the JavaScript code needed to add Google Maps to your web applications.

I plan to release a version for the public in the future, when there's enough functionality and documentation.

To stay updated come back. :)

No comments: